The K-Lite Codec Pack is a free collection of codecs and related tools. Codec is short for Compressor-decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. The very user-friendly installation is fully customizable, which means that you can install only those components that you want.
There are multiple versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack: The Standard version contains everything what is needed to play all the commonly used formats. The Full version contains even more codecs and also has encoding support.
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema 18.104.22.16809 - This is a full-featured player with many useful options. We recommend using this player for video playback. This player has internal DXVA decoders for H.264 and VC-1 video.
- ffdshow revision 3964 - ffdshow is a very powerful DirectShow filter that can decode many audio and video formats. It also contains lots of options for manipulation of the audio and video, such as resizing and post-processing. Examples of supported video formats are: DivX, Xvid, MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, VC-1, H.263, FLV1, FLV4, VP3, VP6, Theora, SVQ1, SVQ3 and MJPEG. Examples of supported audio formats are: MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS, LPCM, Vorbis, MP1, MP2, E-AC3, Dolby TrueHD, AMR, Nellymoser and IMA ADPCM.
- ffdshow VFW interface - VFW decoder that supports many video formats. VFW encoder for a few video formats: FFV1, HuffYUV, DV and MJPEG.
- Extra plugins: KernelDeint and TomsMoComp deinterlacers, DScaler plugin
DirectShow video decoding filters:
- Xvid 1.3.2 - For decoding Xvid MPEG-4 video. This is currently the most popular video format.
- On2 VP7 22.214.171.124 - For decoding VP7 video. This format is not very common.
DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- AC3/DTS/LPCM/MP1/MP2 (AC3Filter) 1.63b - For decoding AC3 and DTS audio. Also decodes DVD audio.
- AAC (MONOGRAM) 0.9.6.0 - For decoding AAC audio.
- LAV Audio 0.31 build 2011-08-08 - This decoder supports a large number of audio formats.
DirectShow audio parsers:
- FLAC (madFLAC) 1.10 - Source filter and decoding filter for FLAC audio files (.flac).
- WavPack (CoreWavPack) 1.1.1 - Source filter and decoding filter for WavPack audio files (.wv).
- MusePack (MONOGRAM) 0.9.2.0 / 0.4.0.0 - Source filter and decoding filter for MusePack audio files (.mpc).
- Monkey’s Audio (DCoder) 1.0 - Source filter with integrated decoder for Monkey’s Audio files (.ape .apl).
- OptimFROG (RadLight) 126.96.36.199 - Source filter with integrated decoder for OptimFROG audio files (.ofr .ofs).
- AMR (MONOGRAM) 188.8.131.52 - Source filter and decoding filter for AMR audio files (.amr). This filter is also able to encode and mux AMR audio.
- DC-Bass Source 1.3.0 - Source filter with integrated decoders for the following audio file types: AAC (.aac .m4a), ALAC (.alac)
- Tracker (.it .mo3 .mtm .s3m .umx .xm) and True Audio (.tta).
- AC3/DTS Source (AC3File) 0.7b - Source filter for .ac3 and .dts files.
DirectShow source filters:
- Haali Media Splitter 184.108.40.206 - This splitter supports multiple container formats: AVI (.avi .divx), Matroska (.mkv .mka), MP4/MOV/3GP (.mp4 .m4v .3gp .mov .hdmov), WebM (.webm), Ogg (.ogm .ogg .ogv .oga), MPEG-TS (.ts .m2ts .m2t .mts)
- LAV Splitter 0.31 build 2011-08-08 - This splitter supports multiple container formats: AVI (.avi .divx), Matroska (.mkv .mka), MP4/MOV/3GP (.mp4 .m4v .3gp .mov .hdmov), WebM (.webm), Ogg (.ogm .ogg .ogv .oga), MPEG-TS (.ts .m2ts .m2t .mts), Flash Video (.flv), Blu-ray (.bdmv .mpls) and more!
- AVI splitter (Gabest) 220.127.116.1111 - For parsing the AVI container (.avi files). Advantage over the standard Microsoft splitter is that it better supports incomplete and partially downloaded files.
- CDXA Reader (Gabest) 18.104.22.16811 - For reading VCD, SVCD and XCD discs.
DirectShow subtitle filter:
- DirectVobSub (VSFilter) 2.40.3611.0 - DirectVobSub is a filter for displaying subtitles (ssa/ass, srt and vobsub). Your subtitle file(s) should have the same filename as your video file (for example: MovieName.avi + MovieName.idx + MovieName.sub) and should be in the same folder as your video file. Then the subtitles will automatically be displayed in most players.
- Haali Video Renderer 22.214.171.124 - Excellent video renderer that can be used as an alternative for the video renderers that Windows offers. Requires a modern graphics card with PixelShader 1.4 or higher.
VFW video codecs:
- Xvid 1.3.2 - For encoding video in the Xvid MPEG-4 format.
- On2 VP7 126.96.36.199 - For encoding video in the VP7 format.
- Lagarith 1.3.25 - For decoding and encoding the Lagarith video format.
- Lagarith is a lossless (no quality loss) video compression format.
- YV12 (Helix) 1.3 - For decoding and encoding the YV12 format.
ACM audio codecs:
- MP3 (LAME) 3.98.2 - For encoding MP3 audio in applications like VirtualDub.
- AC3ACM 1.9 - For decoding and encoding AC3 audio in applications like VirtualDub.
- K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool 5.0.7 - With this multi-functional tool you can do many useful things. It can detect and fix some common problems. It can generate a detailed list of all installed codecs and filters. It can reset settings for the codecs from the pack. It can backup and restore your setting. It allows you to manage the installed codecs and filters.
- Win7DSFilterTweaker 4.5 - Allows setting third party decoders as the preferred filters in Windows 7.
- MediaInfo Lite 0.7.47 - This tool can analyze a media file and show detailed information about it.
- VobSubStrip 0.11 - With this tool you can strip languages from VobSub subtitle files (.idx and .sub files).
- GraphStudio 0.3.2.0 - GraphStudio is a tool for constructing and analyzing DirectShow filter graphs.
- Haali Muxer - Tool for (re-)muxing audio and video into a Matroska container.
- Bitrate Calculator - This can be used to calculate the bitrate to use when encoding a movie.
- Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to 188.8.131.5211
- Updated ffdshow to revision 3964
- Updated LAV Splitter to 0.31 build 2011-08-08
- Updated LAV Audio to 0.31 build 2011-08-08
- Updated the K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool to 5.0.7
- ffdshow is now able to decode H.264 Hi10P (32-bit only)
- ffdshow now uses libavcodec instead of libfaad2 for decoding AAC
- Minor changes and improvements
Full name: The K-Lite Codec Pack 4.1.6 Full
Version: 4.1.6 Full
Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 and 7
Licenses: Freeware, GPL, LGPL, Public Domain, etc.
File size: 13.5 MB, 14.160.286 bytes